Flounder gigging?
South Carolina Offshore Fishing
Like us on Facebook
Share Link on Delicious

Insure with the Best in the Business
Ballyhood Top Gun Lures
Coastal Dating
Offshore Fishing Maps

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flounder gigging?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    South Carolina Offshore Fishing Forum Index -> On The Hill
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lhowell
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Flounder gigging? Reply with quote

Any of you guys do much up around Hog inlet? We got the boat set up for gigging but I never go and was thinking about trying it one night my dad always goes to hog inlet but I was thinking back up in Tilman would be a good place to try out.. What kind of weather you all look for when going.. My dad says the wind is always aggrevating but figured if I put in at the ICW boat landing in Cherry grove I would be able to find some place to get out of the wind didnt know if incoming tide or outgoing tide or does it matter? Any help on this would be appreciated was thinking about trying later tonight the boats ready but that 2 hour drive is keeping me from commiting and going tonight without knowing what conditions to look for it would be a lot of driving for a busted trip cause of tide or wind.. Boat I will be using 17ft skiff Ive never used it gigging but my dad has and it has all the lights needed but they never have done any good when they went so thanks for the help...  
robby
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weve never tried the gigging, but they are catching quite a few flounder in cherry grove. have you guys give up on the offshore fishing, or give up on the 4 dollar a gallon gas.  
lhowell
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robby wrote:
weve never tried the gigging, but they are catching quite a few flounder in cherry grove. have you guys give up on the offshore fishing, or give up on the 4 dollar a gallon gas.

My dad went and got 24 keepers out of hog inlet a couple weeks ago him and a couple more guys in a couple days...

Havent given up offshore fishing Ive been going out as much as I can but been making the run to the stream from Masonboro.. Shorter run and makes it easier for me to make suicide runs.. Have caught plenty of dolphin and some blackfin and more barracuda than I care to talk about.. Got a few kings from the stream in april but other than that its been dolphin and blackfin.. Done a little bottom fishing but havent produced much but some of the biggest BSB ive ever caught... Went out a trip with Midnight wind and caught a few dolphin and blackfin and learned a lot about blue water fishing.. We havent tried king fishing all year if we drop the boat in the water it hasnt stopped till we hit the stream..

Im going to give gigging a try this weekend down in Cherry grove or make a trip up the ICW toward little river and check a couple spots up there will post a report when I can..

lhowell
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't even drop the boat in the water. The rear navigation light died on me and wasn't going to go fishing without it so maybe next time.. that's the way it goes gotta get a new light the one I got is shot. Worked two weeks ago but that's a boat for ya... Very Happy  
robby
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats right, thats part of boat ownership. better luck next time.  
lhowell
Ol'Salt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like ima give it a try tonight around 1.. got everything working on the boat so hopefully we can do some good with the wind laying down tonight should be decent if the water is clear..  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    South Carolina Offshore Fishing Forum Index -> On The Hill All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: